[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk hang after deleting channel

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Oct 1 07:28:50 UTC 2012

Velayutham, Prakash wrote:
% Hello all,
%
% I recently did some housekeeping by deleting some unwanted channels/repositories in the Spacewalk server. I made sure no systems were subscribed to these channels, AFAIK.
%
% But, since then, all parts of the web GUI seems to work OK except the "Systems" tab. When I hit the "Systems" tab, my browser just hangs spinning. I have tried various browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc.
%
% Even a "spacewalk-service restart" only works as long as I don't click on the "Systems" tab. Once I do that, same problem all over again. Googling gives this really old thread with no response. http://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2008-July/msg00360.html
%
% Any ideas please?

Could you turn on debbuging on your database to see which query is it?
Also debug=5 in /etc/rhn.rhn.conf might help to discover what's going
wrong.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat