[Spacewalk-list] Massive problems with slow updates on rhnServerAction

Patrick Hurrelmann patrick.hurrelmann at lobster.de
Mon Oct 1 07:44:00 UTC 2012

On 21.09.2012 16:53, Sascha Bendix wrote:
> HI,
>

> similar problems were mentioned several times already. I don’t know
> exactly how far other people could debug it.
>

> I came to the point that one of these processes is holding an exclusive
> lock. You should see it with the following query:
>

> select bl.pid as blocked_pid, a.usename as blocked_user,
>
>         kl.pid as blocking_pid, ka.usename as blocking_user,
> a.current_query as blocked_statement
>
> from pg_catalog.pg_locks bl
>
>       join pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity a
>
>       on bl.pid = a.procpid
>
>       join pg_catalog.pg_locks kl
>
>            join pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity ka
>
>            on kl.pid = ka.procpid
>
>       on bl.transactionid = kl.transactionid and bl.pid != kl.pid
>
> where not bl.granted;
>

> Everythime I looked this was a local connection over the unix socket.
>

> I found two solutions:
>
> ·         Restarting spacewalk-service
>
> ·         kill this connection
>

> As far as I see there is no way to get historical data about which
> statements were executed before on this connection. Nor I know a way to
> find out the process that establishes the connection.

Yes, these update statements are causing the grief on my side, too. Are
you using osad for client push? I disabled it and the number of hanging
update statements went down significantly.

Running your above mentioned query shows currently 8 blocked update
statements. My SW is restarted every night. Otherwise it won't survive
long :/

Regards
Patrick

--
Lobster LOGsuite GmbH, Münchner Straße 15a, D-82319 Starnberg

HRB 178831, Amtsgericht München
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martin Fischer, Rolf Henrich