[Spacewalk-list] Solaris Support

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 12:54:53 UTC 2012

Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) wrote:
% Hey there,
%
% I had started setting up a Solaris Spacewalk client and had given up
% because of the seemingly endless stream of issues.  I revisited this
% again when I saw there were some newer Solaris packages available.  So
% [Tue Oct 02 17:39:17 2012] [error] SQLStatementPrepareError: ('syntax error at or near "name"\\nLINE 3:            pn.name name,\\n                           ^\\n', 0, '\\n    select distinct\\n           pn.name name,\\n           pe.epoch epoch,\\n           pe.version version,\\n           pe.release release,\\n           pa.label arch,\\n           c.label channel_label,\\n           nvl2(c.parent_channel, 0, 1) is_parent_channel\\n      from rhnActionPackage ap,\\n           rhnPackage p,\\n           rhnPackageName pn,\\n           rhnPackageEVR pe,\\n           rhnPackageArch pa,\\n           rhnServerChannel sc,\\n           rhnChannelPackage cp,\\n           rhnChannel c\\n     where ap.action_id = %(action_id)s\\n       and ap.evr_id = p.evr_id\\n       and ap.evr_id = pe.id\\n       and ap.name_id = p.name_id\\n       and ap.name_id = pn.id\\n       and p.package_arch_id = pa.id\\n       and p.id = cp.package_id\\n       and cp.channel_id = sc.channel_id\\n       !
%  and sc.server_id = %(server_id)s\\n       and sc.channel_id = c.id\\n')
%
% Can someone help me to debug this?  I am running solaris client 5.4-7
% packages against spacewalk 1.6 on centos 6 64-bit with postgres.  I
% can upgrade to 1.7, but I didn't want to do it just to see if it fixed
% it (ie, I would if there were enhancements to solaris functionality
% included).

Hi Greg,

there was a number of fixes for Solaris support for Spacewalk on
PostgreSQL in 1.7 and nightly. Unfortunately searching for the query
above I can see it's been fixed by commit
8badfd903e32de669796637d80ca4f2156d85f36 in spacewalk-backend-1.8.43-1
(nightly) so upgrading to 1.7 won't help you at the moment.

% One other problem I noticed is that when I first register it or ran an
% up2date against an empty channel, it took a very long time (upwards of
% 10 minutes) for the command to complete after the hash marks were
% printed for the client cache operations.  Not sure if there is any
% input on that aspect.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat