[Spacewalk-list] Scheduling Updates via API call

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Oct 9 15:34:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

I created a script (based on something I found on the net) just like
this,
but encountered issues since the API call
system.listLatestUpgradeablePackages gives also older versions than the
latest one (it gives all newer versions for every installed packet,
instead
of just the latest).
In trunk, this is partially fixed but the fixed API call still gives
back
packages belonging to other channels ...

So I created a perl script that uses the fixed SQL statement directly
and
made some checks so it's just the latest package that is really
returned.
the SQL statement should not be needed anymore after 1.8 is released
If someone is interested, I can post it on a site (after a minor code
cleanup) ... we use it to push updates via the API to multiple servers
at
once (easier than using the webitf, but a bit slower due to the extra
checks needed)

Franky