[Spacewalk-list] yet another errata clone script

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 20:53:15 UTC 2012

Franky
I'm confused by this statement
"
we have redhat and centos packages in spacewalk, both can have the same
  package names, which would result in redhat packages being pushed in centos
  channels because of the errata create (and thus everything fails)
"
I designed eva-direct-sync.pl specifically to prevent this because it
was a problem I had experienced with other errata tools such as
centos-errata.py. this is what Ive always refereed to as cross channel
contamination, its a treble thing that causes all kinds of issues
including breaking kickstarts.
It specifically scans only for packages in the target base channel to
prevent this and adds to the errata by the ID. please describe the
scenario where this happens to me so I can fix it.
Ive tested eva-direct sync.pl on spacewalk servers that have RHEL,
Scientific Linux, and CentOS channels and I have never run into this
situation.
The only way I could see this happening with eva-direct-sync.pl is if
you put multiple distros in sub-channels of a single base channel. If
thats the case then you have a very odd nonstandard install.