[Spacewalk-list] yet another errata clone script

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Oct 23 11:55:46 UTC 2012

On 2012-10-15 15:17, Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:

> Yet another
errata clone script ... for CentOS and RedHat

> For CentOS:
> - first
some shell calls to get the latest announces from the centos archive

(but not by scraping the announces list, but getting digests, much
less
> traffic then)
> You can change the number of announces anyway you
want by changing the
> wget command to your liking
> - then the perl
script comes along, parsing the digest files and looking in 1
> channel
(yes, one) for package availability and creating the errata there.
> It
has optional integration with RHN for notes, description, topic info,
and
> CVE's and/or can use the OVAL file like the errata-import.pl
script does.
> The created errata gets a suffix based on the OS version
and architecture
> (e.g. ":C5-64" or "C6-32"), because the same errata
can exist for multiple
> OS versions and architectures (and creating the
errata for more than one
> base channel would result in packages being
copied which is a mess again).
> Also a proxy can be defined for
spacewalk and or RHN servers
> Or, for RedHat:
> - log in to RHN, get
the errata for the specified channel
> (possibility to define the date
range)
> - then follow the same logic as for CentOS

For the persons
interested in using my script:

- I confirmed it to be working for
RHEL4 (Extended support), RHEL5, RHEL6 errata and for CentOS 5 and 6 (32
and 64bit)
- something I forgot to mention in the original mail: proxy
support is in there (just not authenticated, but that can be added if
wanted)

See github for the latest version (some small bugfixes have
been made): https://github.com/liedekef/spacewalk_scripts

Feedback is
greatly appreciated!

Franky