[Spacewalk-list] Initial Spacewalk server setup- Web UI not working/ blank /rhn/Login.do page

Udip Ranjit udip.ranjit at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:32:16 UTC 2012

I did a fresh install of Spacewalk 1.7 (postgresql backend) on a Centos 6.3
(minimal). Followed the how to's on the Spacewalk Wiki,I ran a complete
default installation (as root). The installation ran without a hitch but
after the install I tried to go to the web url to setup the admin account
and I get a Apache test page..checked the Document Root (/var/www/html )
and it seems there is no index file.
I tried another fresh install  ..and ended up with the same thing...i am
missing index files in the DocumentRoot but I don't know how/why?

Please advise.

Regards,
Udip