[Spacewalk-list] Heads up - RHN Client change

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 10:27:30 UTC 2012

Morning all,
last week, we implemented a change to the rhn-client-tools package, used
client side for registrations to Spacewalk.

This change should have no negative impact, if you use the Spacewalk
client repositories for systems to a Spacewalk instance.

This change though could impact you, if say, you had a RHEL 6 system,
using the Spacewalk client packages that was registered to a
non-Spacewalk environment (such as RHN Hosted - rhn.redhat.com).

The change removed the RHNS-CA-CERT file (used for communication to
rhn.redhat.com) from the Spacewalk registration client.
  - We also blanked out xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com from the default
configuration file.

  - In short, we have streamlined the client to assume communication by
default is with a Spacewalk server, vs legacy code for communications to
Red Hat Network (rhn.redhat.com).

This change is currently available within the nightly repo.

Regards,
Cliff