[Spacewalk-list] Release candidate for next Spacewalk release

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 14:01:25 UTC 2012

Patrick Hurrelmann wrote:
% On 30.10.2012 18:17, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
% > Hello,
% >
% > the nightly Spacewalk yum repos at
% >
% > 	http://yum.spacewalkproject.org/nightly/
% >
% > now contain release candidate for the next Spacewalk release. Please
% > report installation issues and regressions against previous versions
% > you might find.
% >
% > We've added support for running Spacewalk server on the same machine
% > as Oracle XE 11g -- the setup is described at
% >
% > 	https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup
% >
% > Also note that the installation with Oracle backend now requires
% > the latest Instant Client.
% >
% > When running spacewalk-setup, please add the --external-db option
% > to get behaviour similar to previous releases. Without this option,
% > with PostgreSQL backend, spacewalk-setup will attempt to create
% > the database and the database user for you.
%
% Hi,
%
% this is great news! Will there be an upgrade path from release
% candidates to the final release or is this up to the user?

Hi Patrick,
It's up to the user. We recommend to install RC on test server -
we don't expect other than minor fixes but anything might happen ;).

You can even take it as a challange - install test server from the
backup to see whether it is in a good shape ;).

% Are there any wip release notes, so that one knows what is new, was
% fixed and what to expect? As this release cycle was quite long, it's
% hard to scan through the whole git log.

Unfortunatelly not yet.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat