[Spacewalk-list] Interactive install using Spacewalk/Cobbler

Velayutham, Prakash Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Sun Sep 2 14:20:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

Looks like whatever kickstart options I select from the Spacewalk wizard, at the boot time of the client system, cobbler (or spacewalk, not sure which one) seems to generate the final kickstart file based on this template and that is what seems to override the interactive and other options which I do not wish to have. And, there is no real way to avoid this.

The work around at this point is to disassociate the kickstart file from the profile by doing

cobbler profile edit --name=<name> --kickstart=""

Once this is done, the booted system goes through a full regular interactive install. This is not ideal, though, because I would like to have a mix of pre-defined options (for software selection, or partitioning scheme etc) which I can't currently. It is all or nothing. If there is a way to get what I want, I am all ears.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks,
Prakash