[Spacewalk-list] script to create webserver accessible repo of packages under Spacewalk channels

Jeremy Davis jdavis4102 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 22:41:07 UTC 2012

Hello Matthew,

The url I provided is actually showing the base channel and the sub-channel
for v5 64bit. The v5 and 64bit is part of the channel name. So to use a
different example. Say you had a base channel with the name centos6 that
was configured as a 64bit channel and then had a sub-channel as updates
then you could write the url as follows. Note that the centos6 is set in
the URL to tell Spacewalk to look under the centos6 base channel for the
updates channel.

http://<Spacewalk app server or proxy server
FQDN>/dist/child/updates/centos6/

You can use this url to pull packages. All you would need to do is add
getPackage/<full rpm package name including version and arch.rpm>. This
would be the same as if yum was calling for the package as it would know
the version, release, and arch it was needing to install. The repodata yum
uses is generated by Spacewalk so there is no need to create any additional
scripts or anything like that in order to pull packages from Spacewalk or
provide this config to a client for use with yum.