[Spacewalk-list] Deploy configuration files on kickstart deploy

Jonathan DeHaan jdehaan at nexstar.tv
Fri Sep 7 18:34:59 UTC 2012

You need an Activation Key associated to your Kickstart Profile that is
set to subscribe to a Configuration Channel. Then all the files in that
channel(s) will be deployed on kickstart.

You may need to take steps to enable configuration deployment in a post
script. There is a built-in snippet for this, but I have not always had
success in using it.

Jonathan

On Fri 07 Sep 2012 12:27:24 PM CDT, visinix the great wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anyway to deploy configuration files on a kickstart deploy?
>
> I have a base config channel that I would like to deploy when the
> server is first setup, and I would like to eliminate the need to have
> to go back and deploy the files.
>
> The server seems to be ready to deploy files to, I just am not sure
> how to tell it what channels to subscribe / deploy to during the
> kickstart process.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Charlie

Jonathan DeHaan
IT Manager for Nexstar Broadcasting Group
972-409-8267