[Spacewalk-list] Deploy configuration files on kickstart deploy

Giovanni Torres giovtorres at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 21:10:51 UTC 2012

> To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
> Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 15:54:56 -0400
> From: mpatton at inforelay.com
> Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Deploy configuration files on kickstart deploy
>
> 'rhn_check' or 'rhncfg-client get' after you've registered the system
> (rhnreg_ks should already be in the the kickstart file). But you need to
> alter the allowed 'actions' which defaults to none. I would recommend
> invoking 'rhncfg-actions --enable-deploy' in %post, then 'rhncfg-client
> get' right behind it. Though on second thought (if memory serves)
> 'rhncfg-client get' is all you really need. The other commands will be
> needed down the line when you want the client to do scheduled actions, but
> at this stage that is not relevant.
>
> What I have done in the past was define the RHN allowed actions file as
> one of those managed files, so I didn't have to invoke 'rhncfg-actions' at
> any time in the future either.
> --
> Cloud Services Architect, Senior System Administrator
> InfoRelay Online Systems (www.inforelay.com)

Same here.  I enable the 'Enable Spacewalk Configuration Management' check box inside the kickstart > profile > system details.  Or else, you could just do rhn-actions-control --enable-all in the %post section.
I don't know of way to deploy the configs automatically, so I do as suggested above to put 'rhncfg-client get' in the %post script.
Does any know if this is an option available through the GUI?  I have not seen it.
Giovanni