[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.8 - Taskomatic dying - Repo Generation

Jonathan Hoser jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Apr 3 13:41:55 UTC 2013

I came across this, when several repos were to be rebuild -
especially for several very full fedora repo (>25000 rpms);

The only way around that were
a) adding a bit more RAM to the taskomatic-java and
b) increasing timeout-values:

# Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB)
wrapper.java.maxmemory=4096

wrapper.ping.timeout=36000
wrapper.ping.interval=100

(In the config file, that I always forget the whereabouts - finally
found it:)
/usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.conf

Also refer to
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/properties.html for how-tos

Best
-Jonathan

On 04/03/2013 03:03 PM, Tom Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had this issue a while ago but it went away - its now back and being even more stubborn than last time.
>
> The basic problem is that repo metadata is not being generated - This is caused by taskomatic failing, however on a restart it dies after a few minutes.
>
> Can anyone help diagnose this issue - The only logging i can see associated with this is the following
>
> thanks

Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir´in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Günther Wess und Dr. Nikolaus Blum
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671