[Spacewalk-list] coreutils don't update properly via spacewalk

Andy Ingham andy.ingham at duke.edu
Tue Apr 9 13:47:15 UTC 2013

Looking for a sanity check here.

Certain packages won't update properly via spacewalk UNTIL "coreutils" is
updated on that client.

The problem is that I'm unable to get the coreutils packages THEMSELVES to
update via spacewalk.

So, I find myself having to connect to each client individually to "yum
update coreutils".

At that point, I'm having success pushing updates to the clients that
failed previously.

Of course, given those steps, I've not saved any time since I've already
had to connect to each client.

Am I missing something about how to avoid this?

Andy

Andy Ingham
IT Infrastructure
Fuqua School of Business