[Spacewalk-list] Created stored profiles via spacewalk cli

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 20:57:35 UTC 2013

check out the spacewalk-channel, rhn-profile-sync, and spacecmd commands
they may help
the bad news is there is no command line tool that I've seen yet to manage
locally managed (host specific) files, although it looks like it should be
possible through the XML RPC APIs so ive been thinking of making some tools
in the future for this, and putting in an RFE for it in the existing tool.

The tool I was thinking of writing would be inspired by the old Yast Backup
tool essentially find all the files, directories, symlinks etc. under a
directory specified by the user then do the following
 1) check if the file is part of an rpm if so do a rpm verify to see if the
file has changed
 2) if the file was part of an RPM and has changed see if it is currently
managed by spacewalk.
 3) if the file is part of the RPM has changed and is not managed by
spacewalk import it to the locally managed sandbox
 4) if the file is not part of an RPM see if its currently managed by
spacewalk
 5) if the file is not currently managed by spacewalk and is not part of an
RPM add it to the locally managed sandbox

what do you think?