[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.9, Fedora 18, yum update fails on deps

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Apr 30 07:26:53 UTC 2013

The PowerTool wrote:
% I am currently running Spacewalk 1.9 on Fedora 18.  For the past 2 weeks (approximately) I have been watching yum update fail on Spacewalk deps (see http://pastebin.com/FXvjBwxt ).  I tried individually updating the spacewalk 1.9 packages hoping that a spacewalk update would resolve the dep issues.
%
% Is anyone else running into this?  Is there a resolution?  Is the Spacewalk server now uninstallable on a fully-updated F18 box because of the deps?

Spacewalk requires (and ships) older version of quartz and hibernate.
The quartz issue has been already fixed in nightly repo and we are
working on fixing quartz dependencies too.

As for now you can add
        exclude = quartz hibernate
to your /etc/yum.conf as a temporary workaround.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat