[Spacewalk-list] OpenSCAP Scans, anyone?

Simon Lukasik slukasik at redhat.com
Wed Aug 7 09:12:03 UTC 2013

On 08/06/2013 07:15 PM, Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
> Hi, List.
>
> I've been trying to use Audit/OpenSCAP Scans on my Spacewalk
> 2.0.  I've installed the requisite packages (I think on
> both Spacewalk host and target host.  If I run:
>
> oscap xccdf eval --profile
> test --results /var/www/html/results.xml --report /var/www/html/report.html
> --cpe /usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-cpe-dictionary.xml
> /usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml
>
> directly on the remote host, I not only get a nice report to
> stdout, but also a nice report in HTML.  But, if I can't
> seem to get the audit set up to work from Spacewalk.  Has
> anyone set this up that can show me the way?
>
> Also, I was able to DL the xccdf.xml file for CentOS6/RHEL6,
> but can't find one for CentOS5/RHEL5.  Has anyone found or
> created one that he/she is willing to share?
>
> As always, appreciated.
>
> Dimitri

Hello Dimitri,

The behavior you see is expected.

Spacewalk does not track every scan made on the client's command-line.
Spacewalk tracks only those scans which are scheduled by Spacewalk (not
by hand on the client system).

I have written tutorial about that at

    http://isimluk.livejournal.com/1027.html

To schedule a scan with SSG, please use the following arguments

    arguments: --profile test --cpe
/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-cpe-dictionary.xml
    path: /usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml

At this interface:

http://isimluk.fedorapeople.org/sw_openscap/blog/pics/blog-03-schedule.jpg

Hope this helps,

--