[Spacewalk-list] kick-start not completing groups

The PowerTool thepowertool_sc at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 8 03:47:02 UTC 2013

> [...]
> >    kdepim
> >    keurocalc
> >    klatexformula
> >    klatexformula-ktexteditor-plugin
> >    kmymoney
> >    krecipes
> >    kreetingkard
> >    kreetingkard_templates
> >    libreoffice-base
> >    libreoffice-calc
> >    libreoffice-draw
> >    libreoffice-emailmerge
> >    libreoffice-graphicfilter
> >    libreoffice-impress
> >    libreoffice-javafilter
> >    libreoffice-math
> >    libreoffice-ogltrans
> >    libreoffice-presentation-minimizer
> >    libreoffice-report-builder
> >    libreoffice-voikko
> >    libreoffice-wiki-publisher
> >    libreoffice-writer
> >    libreoffice-xsltfilter
> >    lonote
> >    lyx
> >    okular
> >    openoffice.org-ooolatex
> >    pdfedit
> >    planner
> >    pybliographer
> >    qcad
> >    rednotebook
> >    revelation
> >    skrooge
> >    starcal
> >    taskcoach
> >    taskjuggler
> >    tellico
> >    tetex-IEEEtran
> >    texmaker
> >    vym
> >    wyrd
> >    xchm
> >    xdvik
> >    xfbib
> >    xournal
> >
> > rpm -qa | grep libre
> > libreport-web-2.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
> > libreport-filesystem-2.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
> > libreport-plugin-ureport-2.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
> > libreport-gtk-2.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
> > libreport-plugin-kerneloops-2.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
> > libreport-newt-2.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
> > libreport-plugin-reportuploader-2.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
> > libreport-python-2.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
> > libreport-2.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
> > libreport-plugin-bugzilla-2.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
> > libreport-plugin-logger-2.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
> > libreport-fedora-2.1.5-1.fc18.x86_64
> > * so isn't this incomplete?
> >
> > I know it says the list of packages is "optional" but if I install from DVD libre-office is
> > installed by default.
> >
> > I am trying to figure out the difference between the packages on the default install (from DVD) and
> > my kickstart.
> >
> > Also, what's with the error:  Failed to retrieve group file for repository: fedora18-x86-64 -- I
> > did try some basic Google searches but with absolutely no success.
>
> My guess is that you have duplicate repositories configured for yum. One from
> the default distro and the other from Spacewalk. I like do a "yum -v
> repolist | grep url" when investigating where / what my repos are pointing

yum -v repolist | grep url
Repo-baseurl : http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/
Repo-baseurl : http://spacewalk.jeff.com/XMLRPC/GET-REQ/dropbox
Repo-baseurl : http://fedora.mirror.lstn.net/releases/18/Everything/x86_64/os/
Repo-baseurl : http://spacewalk.jeff.com/XMLRPC/GET-REQ/fedora18-x86-64
Repo-baseurl : http://spacewalk.jeff.com/XMLRPC/GET-REQ/fedorautils
Repo-baseurl : http://spacewalk.jeff.com/XMLRPC/GET-REQ/google
Repo-baseurl : http://spacewalk.jeff.com/XMLRPC/GET-REQ/livna-org
Repo-baseurl : http://spacewalk.jeff.com/XMLRPC/GET-REQ/rpmfusion-free
Repo-baseurl : http://spacewalk.jeff.com/XMLRPC/GET-REQ/rpmfusion-nonfree
Repo-baseurl : http://spacewalk.jeff.com/XMLRPC/GET-REQ/skype-f18
Repo-baseurl : http://yum.spacewalkproject.org/2.0-client/Fedora/18/x86_64/
Repo-baseurl : http://mirrors.syringanetworks.net/fedora/updates/18/x86_64/ (39

Nothing jumps out at me on duplicates.

The URLs that aren't my spacewalk server--are they simply ignored because the system is managed?  I don't quite understand that although I have read the documentation.  This is my 1st spacewalk server, FYI.

> As for the discrepancy between what is installed from a default DVD install
> vs. your kickstart, I suppose you *might* be able to find a sample package
> list on the DVD that is used but I'm completely speculating at this
> point. Instead, I would just focus on what you really want to have installed
> and just continue to update your own package list.
>
> --
> Jon Miller

I have started this process and looked at packages installed on the DVD--yes, there is a list and *in theory* there are several places you can get it including /root/anaconda-ks.cfg--but again this isn't exactly as described because it seems things are missing.  This I'm still researching and making progress--mostly through rtfm activities :-)