[Spacewalk-list] "Whitelisting" certain RPMs

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Aug 8 09:16:36 UTC 2013

Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
% Good morning (at least where I am), list.
%
% On some of my CentOS servers, there are certain packages
% installed.  mainly as dependencies, for which,
% unfortunately, there are seldom updates for them, or the
% updates won't work with the main packages.  Examples are
% perl-Digest-SHA and libyaml.  So, when doing general
% updates on those servers via yum, one would use
% the --exclude switch.  What I've done is whitelisted those
% packages in yum.conf, so as to avoid having to use the
% switch.  I hope I explained that clearly.
%
% Regarding Spacewalk, is it possible to also whitelist those
% packages so that under System Overview, the affected
% systems don't show as needing to update the packages?

Hi Dimitri,

Nope, there's no way to simply suppress reporting this packages in webUI.

The complex solution to this could be cloning the channel without
excluded packages and subscribing clients to the cloned channel.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat