[Spacewalk-list] trouble with kickstart profiles

Armstrong, Kenneth Lawrence klarmstrong2 at liberty.edu
Tue Aug 20 14:43:28 UTC 2013

Apparently, according to the guy that I work with we don't have full on support (whatever that means), despite the fact that we are paying our third party vendor yearly for the subscription.

However, I'm still digging further into this.

At first I thought it was an issue with Cobbler not seeing the Kickstart profiles.  I ran 'cobbler profile list' and can see all of the profiles for the kickstart files that reside in /var/lib/rhn/kickstarts/wizard.

So then I thought that maybe something between Cobbler and Tomcat were causing the issue for the profiles to not be listed in the web page, since the first error that I see when tailing the /var/log/tomcat5/catalina.out log file was:

 "[TP-Processor8] ERROR com.redhat.rhn.manager.kickstart.cobbler.CobblerLoginCommand - XmlRpcFault while logging in.  most likely user doesn't have permissions.
redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: cobbler.cexceptions.CX:'login failed"

So I tried to restart the Tomcat server by first stopping the service, cleaning out the work and temp folders from /var/cache/tomcat5 and then restarting the service.

Regardless, after those steps I am still getting the internal server error when trying to view the Kickstart profiles.

-Kenny