[Spacewalk-list] Channel clonning and patching strategy

Rick van der Linde rick at rilp.nl
Thu Dec 12 10:09:15 UTC 2013

Hi Lupin,

tested the organisation sharing granularity in de "Default Organisation" (orgid=1) and found this allows one to configure which suborg may see the channel and which not. I think that will solve your problem. I manage to provide these channel through suborgs, but found this does not allow me to share (child) channels with granularity. Options are: all trusted suborgs see these channels or none of them.

By building the "repository" in the default org will indeed allow you to do I suggested (share channels to specified suborgs) and allow you to clone channels. Cloning channels in suborg does work if the suborg is the one that assembled the channel. It can clone its own channels, not shared from oither suborgs.

Rick