[Spacewalk-list] How to delete virtual systems in Spacewalk?

Jacob Yundt jyundt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 17:49:22 UTC 2013

Once a VM has been removed from a KVM host, what are the steps
required to remove it from the Spacewalk -> Systems -> Virtual Systems
list?

As an example, I have a KVM host (with the "Virtualization Platform"
entitlement add-on) registered to my Spacewalk server.  In the Systems
-> Virtual Systems panel, I see all VMs on this host, both those
registered to the Spacewalk server and those that are "unregistered."

However, when I delete an unregistered VM from my KVM host, it is
still displayed in my Spacewalk server.  After deleting the VM from
the KVM host, I've tried the following:

1) manually re-run "rhn-profile-sync"
2) manually run "python < /usr/share/rhn/virtualization/poller.py"
3) Remove the XML files from the deleted VMs (/etc/sysconfig/rhn/virt)
4) Restart my Spacewalk server

Unfortunately, none of these steps have worked.

What am I missing?

-Jacob