[Spacewalk-list] automatic deployment of configuration channes at specific intervals

Daniel Souvignier daniel.souvignier at ias.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Dec 17 08:27:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

I configured a configuration channel on our spacewalk system containing
all important configuration files on our infrastructure. What I want to
do now is to have the systems check every hour or so if they have
exactly the versions of the configuration files deployed so the
configuration on all workstation is ensured to stay the same over time.
I didn't find a configuration for this in the GUI. Is there a spacewalk
mechanism for that or do I have to install a cron job on all client systems?

Regards,
Daniel

Daniel Souvignier
Fachinformatiker Systemintegration in Ausbildung
Lehrstuhl für integrierte Analogschaltungen
RWTH Aachen
Sommerfeldstraße 24 (Walther-Schottky-Haus)
52074 Aachen
Raum 24C 313
Tel.:0241/80-27771
www.ias.rwth-aachen.de