[Spacewalk-list] Debian Repository Sync

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Mon Feb 4 15:30:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 04:21:35PM +0100, Steve Meier wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I just started playing with the Debian support in Spacewalk and the first hurdle I had to
> tackle was that spacewalk-repo-sync does (not yet?) handle Debian repositories.
>
> After coming up short on Google I used yesterdays Superbowl Blackout to hack a quick
> repository sync script for Debian. I have just uploaded this to GitHub so that anybody who
> is interested can play with it. Here is the URL:
>
> https://github.com/stevemeier/spacewalk-debian-sync/blob/master/spacewalk-debian-sync.pl
>
> Are there any plans for adding Debian support to spacewalk-repo-sync soon?

Not unless it's contributed by community. The code which implements
the yum repos for spacewalk-repo-sync is at

	./backend/satellite_tools/repo_plugins/yum_src.py

I suggest you create something like

	./backend/satellite_tools/repo_plugins/debian_src.py

and put the logic in there. Then it should just be a matter of
creating the repo with the debian type and this plugin would kick
in.

--
Jan Pazdziora