[Spacewalk-list] CentOS 6 Related Kickstart Problem in Spacewalk

Trevor T Kates trevor.t.kates at dom.com
Wed Feb 13 18:16:30 UTC 2013

> Trevor,
> once again my recipe:
> Assemble the following files in a directory:
>
> jabberpy-0.5-0.21.el6.noarch.rpm
> libxml2-2.7.6-8.el6_3.4.x86_64.rpm
> osad-5.11.10-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> pyOpenSSL-0.10-2.el6.x86_64.rpm
> python-ethtool-0.6-2.el6.x86_64.rpm
> python-gudev-147.1-4.el6_0.1.x86_64.rpm
> python-hwdata-1.7.3-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhncfg-5.10.36-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhncfg-actions-5.10.36-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhncfg-client-5.10.36-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhncfg-management-5.10.36-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhn-check-1.8.26-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhn-client-tools-1.8.26-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhn-custom-info-5.4.14-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhnlib-2.5.55-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhnmd-5.3.11-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhnsd-5.0.4-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
> rhn-setup-1.8.26-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhn-setup-gnome-1.8.26-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhn-virtualization-common-5.4.41-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> rhn-virtualization-host-5.4.41-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> spacewalk-abrt-0.0.1-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> spacewalk-backend-libs-1.8.85-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> spacewalk-certs-tools-1.8.4-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> spacewalk-client-repo-1.8-4.el6.noarch.rpm
> spacewalk-oscap-0.0.10-1.el6.noarch.rpm
> yum-rhn-plugin-1.8.8-1.el6.noarch.rpm
>

> Pack it into a tar-ball.
> Place it in spacewalk-servers /var/www/html/pub
>
> and add the following to your kickstart:
>
> mkdir -p /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional
> cd /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional
> pushd /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional
> wget http://[spacewalkserver]/pub/tarball.tar
> tar -xf tarball.tar
> yum localinstall -y --nogpg *.rpm
>
> $SNIPPET('spacewalk/redhat_register')
>

> And that should do the trick...
> Best
> -Jonathan

Thanks for the reply! That workaround will definitely do the trick, but my question/concern
is that Spacewalk is creating the section of the kickstart to install rpms from /tmp/rhn_rpms/optional
by pulling the necessary packages from the Updates repo which it should not be doing. I do NOT have the
Updates repo selected in the kickstart wizard, so no packages in the postscript section should be sourced
from the Updates repo. The needed packages are available in the Base repo and should be sourced from
there, but that is not what is happening. I can work around this problem, but I'd like to understand
why it is happening to begin with and try to fix it cleanly.

This is under Spacewalk 1.8 with a CentOS 6.3 repo set while using the Kickstart wizard in the web
interface.

Thanks for your help.

> On 02/13/2013 04:19 PM, Trevor T Kates wrote:
> > I'm sorry for not including the replies in the text of my reply. I haven't
> setup
> > a good mailing list reader yet. I may not have been clear in my original
> post, but
> > the problem that I am having stems from the fact that the section of my
> kickstart
> > that automatically installs the rpms needed for rhnreg is pulling those
> rpms from
> > the updates channel of CentOS 6 even when I do not have the updates
> channel selected
> > in the body of the kickstart itself. This is causing the registration to
> fail because
> > the updated libxml2-python has a dependency on the updated libxml2 which
> is not
> > available before registration because the update channel is not available.
> I tried
> > to include the update channel and was met with the bug you mentioned
> earlier, so it
> > feels like a catch 22 situation and I'm not sure how to fix it.
> >

> > Trevor T. Kates

in error, and delete it.  Thank you.