[Spacewalk-list] created account, instantly kicked out...

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 07:49:06 UTC 2013

ray brunkow wrote:
% I just installed spacewalk on my CentOS 6.3 server following the
% instructions at:
%
% https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall#InstallingSpacewalk
%
% after the install i restarted the service to verify that everything would
% start properly, then attempted to log into the web page.  I was presented
% with a screen to create my first user account.  I did so.  After completing
% this step it instantly logged me out and now refuses to let me back in.  No
% error, just instantly logs me back out.
%
% what information do you need so that I can help you to help me?

Hi Ray,

this is very often caused by wrong time on server.

It also might be a browser issue (especially chrome sometimes gets mad
;).

If none of above applies look for errors in /var/log/http/*log,
/var/log/tomcat*/*.log and /var/log/rhn/*.log.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat