[Spacewalk-list] created account, instantly kicked out...

ray brunkow ray.brunkow at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 08:02:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Michael Mraka <michael.mraka at redhat.com>wrote:

> ray brunkow wrote:
> % I just installed spacewalk on my CentOS 6.3 server following the
> % instructions at:
> %
> % https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall#InstallingSpacewalk
> %
> % after the install i restarted the service to verify that everything would
> % start properly, then attempted to log into the web page.  I was presented
> % with a screen to create my first user account.  I did so.  After
> completing
> % this step it instantly logged me out and now refuses to let me back in.
>  No
> % error, just instantly logs me back out.
> %
> % what information do you need so that I can help you to help me?
>
> Hi Ray,
>
> this is very often caused by wrong time on server.
>
> It also might be a browser issue (especially chrome sometimes gets mad
> ;).
>
> If none of above applies look for errors in /var/log/http/*log,
> /var/log/tomcat*/*.log and /var/log/rhn/*.log.

hmm i might have found something:

[ray at centos ~]$ hostname
centos.ssmahome

the reason i post that as when i was looking in
/var/log/httpd/ssl_error_log i found the following:

[Sun Feb 17 14:31:01 2013] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN)
`centos.ssmahome' does NOT match server name!?
[Sun Feb 17 14:31:01 2013] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN)
`centos.ssmahome' does NOT match server name!?
[Sun Feb 17 14:38:36 2013] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN)
`centos.ssmahome' does NOT match server name!?
[Sun Feb 17 14:38:37 2013] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN)
`centos.ssmahome' does NOT match server name!?

so did i goof someplace?

> Regards,
>
> --
> Michael Mráka