[Spacewalk-list] Errata Import causing Taskomatic to stop processing

Jeremy Davis jdavis4102 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 16:03:14 UTC 2013

Hello List,

I have a Spacewalk 1.8 installation with about 8000+ servers connecting to
about 21 proxy servers. I was running a sync on the EPEL repository that
contains Errata. This Errata was being imported by the spacewalk-repo-sync
script. It started around 10:00pm and processed requests up to around 7:30
this morning. After 7:30 it appears that the taskomatic service has hung.
The only way to get taskomatic back up and not process the remaining Errata
is to Null out the rhnErrataNotificationQueue table. It seems the
Notifications are what is causing the taskomatic service to stop processing
new requests.

Please let me know if there is any other info you need as I am not sure
what else to provide. Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Regards,
Jeremy