[Spacewalk-list] Switching from rhn-clone-errata to eva-direct-errata-sync

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Jan 15 09:45:41 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-15 08:18, Pierre Casenove wrote:

> Hello Paul,

Thanks, now the script works.
> But, I think that there is still an
issue though, sorry!
> First, a question about options
"rewritereleasefrom" and "rewritereleaseto": centos does not publish all
their packages with a modified release. Does your script searches for
the regular release (1.el6 for example), and if it fails, searches for
the alternate release (1.el6.centos)? Or does it searches only for the
alternate release?
> Now, the bug I found. Take errata RHSA-2013:0144
published for firefox. It is associated with the following packages:

> firefox-10.0.12-1.el6_3.i686.rpm

firefox-10.0.12-1.el6_3.x86_64.rpm
> xulrunner-10.0.12-1.el6_3.i686.rpm

> xulrunner-10.0.12-1.el6_3.x86_64.rpm

xulrunner-devel-10.0.12-1.el6_3.i686.rpm

xulrunner-devel-10.0.12-1.el6_3.x86_64.rpm
> Notice that the release is
set to "1.el6-3".
> Centos have published the following packages:

firefox-10.0.12-1.el6.centos.i686
> firefox-10.0.12-1.el6.centos.x86_64

> xulrunner-10.0.12-1.el6.centos.i686

xulrunner-10.0.12-1.el6.centos.x86_64

xulrunner-devel-10.0.12-1.el6.centos.i686

xulrunner-devel-10.0.12-1.el6.centos.x86_64
> The release is only
"1.el6.centos".

That's exactly why I don't like to base my info for
CentOS errata on Redhat errata. I always said to get CentOS errata from
the CentOS mailing list (see my github for the script) and optionally go
to Redhat for extra info (like the description).
I NEVER rely on the
fact that Redhat and CentOS provide the same errata packages (or heck,
even keep the same errata numbers).
For those interested, my script does
get the info from the CentOS mailing list (from the digest, to minimize
traffic), and can optionally connect to RHN for extra info. Also no
problem with proxies, and the same script can be used for Redhat and
CentOS errata. See https://github.com/liedekef/spacewalk_scripts

Franky