[Spacewalk-list] Problems installing Spacewalk 1.8 on CentOS 6.3

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 17:47:28 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 09:28:52AM -0800, Jon Miller wrote:
> This may be a shot in the dark but having just gone through installing
> Spacewalk 1.8 on a RHEL6.3 machine, I found I had to adjust the permissions
> on the following files/directory:
> chmod 755 /etc/rhn
> chmod 644 /etc/rhn/rhn.conf
> chmod 644 /etc/rhn/cluster.ini
> chmod 644 /usr/share/rhn/config-defaults/rhn_web.conf

This should by no means be needed. I have a Spacewalk running just
fine with the permissions as provided by rpms. Plus we were
specifically restricting the access in the past as part of addressing
some security concerns (database passwords are there).

Could you please provide more insight (ideally new thread or
bugzilla) what issues exactly you've hit and what errors you got, so
that someone can investigate?

--
Jan Pazdziora