[Spacewalk-list] packages "not upgrades "

Mgr. Peter Hudec peter.hudec at swan.sk
Mon Jan 21 16:59:01 UTC 2013

Hi Simon,

yes, it did the upgeades ;)

I found the problem.
First, this is apt-get/aptitude fature, the python-apt api did not have
this strange behaviour.

Second where is the problem. The problem is with the wrong generated
Packages file. Exctly wit the information provided for the package.

Every package has control file, where is the package description. Thos
control file shuld be transported to the repository Packages file and
here is the problem.

In my case

Package pss-foxim fdo not have property "Installed-Size", but the
Packages does. If i remove the line form packages this packages goes ok.

Package strace have "Installed-Size: property, but the value differs
with the value in the Packages file. If i correct the value in the
Packages file, this package gos OK.

So generaly, the DebpackageWrites should follow thr package control file.

So the problem is in Pacakge writer java class and in the rhnpush and
it's XMLRPC API ;(

I hope I will be able to write quick fix for this problem.

	best regards
		Peter