[Spacewalk-list] Using mrepo with Spacewalk 1.8

Paul Brunck Paul.Brunck at healthlanguage.com
Tue Jan 22 20:48:08 UTC 2013

If you follow the link on the mrepo project page (http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/mrepo/) it specifically says to use gensystemid when creating local repositories.  If I try to sync it fails because there are no rhn ids for the directories I want to sync to, which is what I understand gensystemid is supposed to create.

Error message:
[root at server iso]# mrepo -ugvv
Verbosity set to level 2
Using configfile /etc/mrepo.conf
Setting option confdir in section [main] to: /etc/mrepo.conf.d
Setting option srcdir in section [main] to: /var/satellite/mrepo
Setting option wwwdir in section [main] to: /var/www/mrepo
Setting option smtp-server in section [main] to: localhost
Setting option arch in section [main] to: x86_64
Setting option rhnlogin in section [main] to: xxx:xxx
rhel-server-5-x86_64: Updating Red Hat Advanced Server 5 (x86_64)
rhel-server-5-x86_64: Mirror packages from rhns:///rhel-x86_64-server-vt-5 to /var/satellite/mrepo/rhel-server-5-x86_64/rhel-x86_64-server-vt-5
No RHN systemid found, skipping download.
rhel-server-5-x86_64: Mirror packages from rhns:///rhel-x86_64-server-5 to /var/satellite/mrepo/rhel-server-5-x86_64/updates
No RHN systemid found, skipping download.
rhel-server-5-x86_64: Generating Red Hat Advanced Server 5 (x86_64) meta-data
rhel-server-5-x86_64: Create repomd repository for rhel-x86_64-server-vt-5

Saving Primary metadata
Saving file lists metadata
Saving other metadata
rhel-server-5-x86_64: Create repomd repository for updates

Saving Primary metadata
Saving file lists metadata
Saving other metadata