[Spacewalk-list] Ranking of Configuration Channels with Activation Keys

Mullis, Josh (CCI-Atlanta) Josh.Mullis at cox.com
Thu Jan 24 15:50:47 UTC 2013

Greg,

We had a similar issue and overcame the ranking issue by using a "backend" script to handle it for us using the API.
This script sits on the spacewalk server and determines what config channels a system should be assigned to.
This keeps the ranking the way we want it in case of human error and also automates new config channel assignments.

This runs after the initial client registration as well as nightly and is the only way we could ensure that the ranking stays "static".

Hope that helps.
-josh