[Spacewalk-list] Support for Fedora 18 clients using Spacewalk 1.8?

Jon Miller jonebird at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 17:16:27 UTC 2013

Okay, next test... trying to simplify my question / issue by taking
kickstart out of the equation. I believe the real question is why are the
packages I uploaded via "rhnpush" not available to my client? This time
around, I kickstarted a machine and it was setup with the normal Fedora
repos available and I installed rhnlib & spacewalk-koan, registered the
client to my Spacewalk server so that I would also have it as a repo, then
disabled the Fedora repos, erased rhnlib & spacewalk-koan and finally
testing that I can not find those packages on my Spacewalk server from a
client perspective. Here is the puzzling part: If I go to my FC18 channel
in the UI, click on packages and then search for spacewalk I find the
spacewalk-koan package. I can even click the download from the UI.

So, the real question is how can I upload a package via rhnpush, see it
available within the UI but client not see it as being available?
My rhnpush command: rhnpush -u "${SPACEWALK_USER}" -p "${SPACEWALK_PASS}"
-v --channel=$CHANNEL --server=http://localhost --dir=$dir

Thanks,
Jon Miller

P.S. My procedure to help isolate the client using only the spacewalk repo:
$ yum repolist
repo id                              repo name
      status
fedora/18/x86_64                     Fedora 18 - x86_64
     33,868
updates/18/x86_64                    Fedora 18 - x86_64 - Updates
      9,074
repolist: 42,942
repolist: 47,120
$ yum -y install rhnlib spacewalk-koan
$ rhnreg_ks --activationkey=2-espresso-test --username admin --password
mypass --serverUrl http://spacewalk.example.com/XMLRPC
$ yum repolist
repo id                              repo name
      status
fedora/18/x86_64                     Fedora 18 - x86_64
     33,868
fedora18-x86_64                      Fedora 18 Core x86_64
       4,178
updates/18/x86_64                    Fedora 18 - x86_64 - Updates
      9,074
$ sed -i 's/enabled=1/enabled=0/g' /etc/yum.repos.d/*repo
$ yum repolist
repo id                              repo name
      status
fedora18-x86_64                      Fedora 18 Core x86_64
       4,178
repolist: 4,178
$ yum -y erase rhnlib spacewalk-koan
$ yum search rhnlib spacewalk-koan
Warning: No matches found for: rhnlib
Warning: No matches found for: spacewalk-koan
No Matches found