[Spacewalk-list] Support for Fedora 18 clients using Spacewalk 1.8?

Jonathan DeHaan jdehaan at nexstar.tv
Thu Jan 24 22:43:56 UTC 2013

You are correct, using the repodata from the DVD will prevent you from adding packages to the base channel and installing them with Anaconda. Your options are either to add the packages to a child channel, and include that child channel in the kickstart (not activation keys), or to generate new repodata using the packages that are actually in your base channel.

To generate a new set of repodata, you will need to put all the packages in the base channel in a directory tree and run createrepo. Anaconda requires you to have the comps.xml file, which is not generated by Spacewalk. You can safely copy the comps.xml from the DVD and give it to createrepo.

Jonathan