[Spacewalk-list] Need help with registration problems.

Edward Drummond spacewalkList-iscool at snkmail.com
Thu Jan 31 22:24:20 UTC 2013

That's a very interesting idea and I will try it. The implication is
there are things needed during install that are not available in the
"proper" channels, such as:
fedora16-x86_64
fedora16-x86_64-updates
spacewalk18-client-fedora16-x86_64

Is this true? Or is it the case that for me, the channels themselves
are not available?

Also, to be clear, you suggest I put the children on the ks file
directly. Right now I have no child channels on the file, but I do
have them on an activation key on the ks file. Are you making a
distinction between these two things? The spacewalk interface
(I believe) says either of these schemes will work, but they are
mutually exclusive.

Is it possible putting the child channels on a key creates a
timing issue? Is the client first registered, then activation
keys are applied?

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Jon Miller
jonebird-at-gmail.com|spacewalkList-iscool|