[Spacewalk-list] Cloning a large Errata Channel (Fedora 18 Updates)

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 19:42:54 UTC 2013

Check if you had an out of memory error in the PostgreSQL logs usually
in /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_log depending on your configuration.
If PostgreSQL tries to allocate more memory that the system can give
it will SIG HUP's its self and kills all of the processes that handle
active the connections in the process with a SIG KILL. this would
cause this kind of error. On the bright side if this happens the
PostgreSQL should auto role back any uncommitted transactions as long
as autocommit is turned off.