[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk notifications

Benedetto Vassallo benedetto.vassallo at unipa.it
Sat Jun 1 12:56:53 UTC 2013

Def. Quota Benedetto Vassallo <benedetto.vassallo at unipa.it>:

>> Def. Quota Michael Mraka <michael.mraka at redhat.com>:
>>
>>> Benedetto Vassallo wrote:
>>> %
>>> % Hi all,
>>> % I have an issue on spacewalk notifications.
>>> % Starting 2 weeks ago, my spacewalk server don't send any
>>> % notification e-mail regarding monitoring probes, and I find the
>>> % following message in my /var/log/nocpulse/NotifEscalator-error.log
>>> % file:
>>> %
>>> % 2013-05-06 10:29:25  7052 Unable to acquire lock on
>>> % /var/tmp/01_1367828964_007780_001 /usr/bin/notifier-7115 at
>>> % /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/NOCpulse/Notif/AlertFile.pm line 111.
>>> %
>>> % Yesterday I upgraded my spacewalk installation to 1.9 but
>>> nothing is changed.
>>> %
>>> % What I can do to solve this issue?
>>>
>>> Hi Benedetto,
>>>
>>> Does /var/tmp/01_1367828964_007780_001 file exists?
>>> What are its permissions?
>>> Are there any relevant selinux errors?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael Mráka
>>> Satellite Engineering, Red Hat

>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> As I wrote in my previous e-mail, all files in /var/tmp exists.
>>
>> Their permissions are:
>>
>> -rw-rw-r--  1 nocpulse nocpulse  3396 14 mag 16:52 01_1367828964_007780_001
>>
>> Selinux is disabled.
>>
>> Today I tried to reinstall spacewalk from zero, using the same
>> database (skipping database polupation when executing
>> spacewalk-setup --disconnected) and I have the same situation.
>>
>> Can you help me, please?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

>> --
>> Benedetto Vassallo
>> Sistema Informativo di Ateneo
>> Settore Gestione Reti Hardware e Software
>> U.O.B. Sviluppo e manutenzione dei sistemi
>> Università degli studi di Palermo
>>
>> Phone: +3909123860056
>> Fax: +390916529124

> Hi all,
> Can anyone help me to solve this issue?
> What I have to investigate to understand where is the problem?
> Maybe I miss some perl module?
> The strange thing is it has stopped working from one day to another.
> All my 829 probes are still working, just spacewalk don't send e-mails
> Please help me.
> Thank you.
>

> --
> Benedetto Vassallo
> Sistema Informativo di Ateneo
> Settore Gestione Reti Hardware e Software
> U.O.B. Sviluppo e manutenzione dei sistemi
> Università degli studi di Palermo
>
> Phone: +3909123860056
> Fax: +390916529124

Hi again,
I re-installed my spacewalk from scratch on a new linux box.

I also used a fresh oracle schema on the same db machine where is the
production db (different from both the spacewalk-production and
spacewalk-new box).
My oracle db is 10.2.0.5 and (of course) spacewalk version is 1.9

I registered a system on the new spacewalk instance, created a
monitoring probe and all is working fine.

So, I guess, there must be something in the production schema database
making my spacewalk-production box not sending notification e-mails.

I checked my db for invalid objects but found nothing.

My production DB schema was created with spacewalk 1.0 and updated
every new release.

What I have to check on my DB in order to solve that issue?
Alternatively, can I export my production schema data in the new
schema without broken the new schema?
Keep present that change the spacewalk IP, hostname and certificate.

I have 180 registered systems and 829 configured monitoring probes in
my production spacewalk instance, and I use spacewalk to manage,
deploy configuration files and monitoring, so, if it's possible, I
prefer don't move my systems manually in the new spacewalk installation.

Keep also present, all is working in my production installation, even
monitorig probes (from the web gui I see the correct status for every
probe). Just notification e-mail don't work.

Can you help me?
Best regards.