[Spacewalk-list] Time Zone Change

Jeff Bjorklund jeff.bjorklund at peak10.com
Mon Jun 17 15:57:41 UTC 2013

Is it possible for Spacewalk to automatically change the time zone on a server from say, Eastern to Central, without config management enabled?

My Spacewalk server is in Central and a few of the clients it's patching are in Eastern.  I've noticed the time zone is now set to Central, through no intervention on my part. It originally was setup via a symlink to /etc/localtime. But that seems to have been removed.

I understand that there may be numerous reasons for this changing, I'm just trying to rule out Spacewalk as one of them.

Server Specifics: (Central)
Spacewalk Server 1.6
CentOS 6.3
Postgres DB

Client Specifics: (Eastern)
CentOS 6.4

Thanks,

Jeff Bjorklund | Peak 10
Systems Engineer

425 Duke Drive, Suite 400, Franklin, TN 37067
jeff.bjorklund at peak10.com<mailto:jeff.bjorklund at peak10.com> | www.peak10.com<http://www.peak10.com>

infrastructure | cloud solutions | managed services