[Spacewalk-list] How is the new configurable rhncfg-client diff meant to be used?

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 06:57:47 UTC 2013

Hello,
I've been looking at git repository, and I'm a bit lost.
In folder root/client/tools/rhncfg/config_client there are two different
config files:
rhncfgcli.conf and rhncfg-client.conf
On my clients, there is only rhncfg-client.conf
On the git repository, the variable "display_diff = True" is only in file
rhncfgcli.conf. It is missing in file rhncfg-client.conf.

I've been making tests on file /etc/ssh/sshd_config.
On the local file system:
tu-sonialdap-q02 ~ $ ls -l /etc/ssh/sshd_config
-rw------- 1 root root 4364 Jun 13 14:21 /etc/ssh/sshd_config
I set display_diff = True and run rhncfg-client from the commandline "diff
/etc/ssh/sshd_config" --> it outputs the differences
I set display_diff = False and run rhncfg-client from the commandline "diff
/etc/ssh/sshd_config" --> it outputs the differences
In the GUI, with both values, it puts "Differences exist in a file that is
not readable by all. Re-deployment
of configuration file is recommended"

So, I create on the local filesystem of the client a file named
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/rhncfgcli.conf, with the content of the git repository.
The behaviour is the same.

Should I open a bugzilla to track this?

Thanks,

Pierre