[Spacewalk-list] (no subject)

Jeremy Maes jma at schaubroeck.be
Thu Mar 7 08:38:07 UTC 2013

Op 7/03/2013 9:06, Nielsen, Dennis Appelon schreef:
> Hi all
> I have tried several times to configure a "Oracle Enterprise Linux
> 5.x" channel and repo, but somehow I keep getting an check-sum error
> from the registered OEL5.x system, I some how managed to Google that
> it have something to do with the "Yum Repository Checksum Type" where
> I set sha256. How can I be sure what to select here?
>
> I really would appreciated if anyone could show me a sample
> configuration for a "Oracle Enterprise Linux 5" channel with repos's
>
> Regards
>
> *Dennis Appelon Nielsen *| GNU/Linux Consultant | CGI Denmark

There's a "Tip" right beneath the checksum type dropdown menu that says:*
/Tip:/*/sha1 offers the widest compatibility with clients. sha-256
offers higher security, but is compatible only with newer clients:
Fedora 11 and newer, or Enterprise Linux 6 and newer. ///

Aka: for EL5 or below you can only choose sha1

Regards,
Jeremy

 **** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm