[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.8 and SLE11 repomd key problem

Maksymiuk, Piotr piotr.maksymiuk at contractors.roche.com
Mon Mar 11 17:26:48 UTC 2013

Hi

I have a spacewalk-1.8 server running on Fedora.

I have registered a couple of CentOS and some SLE11-SP2 boxes. The Centos ones are running smoothly.

For the SLES11 ones i do have a problem however. I sync the repositories with spacewalk-repo-sync using a url like this

https://novell-username:novell-pass@nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLES11-SP2-VMware-Core/sle-11-x86_64/

With this i can sync the packages perfectly. However, once on the client, i get this

zypper ref -f spacewalk:sles11-sp2-vmware-core

Forcing raw metadata refresh
Retrieving repository 'SLES 11 SP2 Vmware Core' metadata [\]
File 'repomd.xml' from repository 'SLES 11 SP2 Vmware Core' is unsigned, continue? [yes/no] (no):

I can then say yes, and this will stick around for some time. But after that period, it has to be manually refreshed.
What's most baffling is, i use some packages on these systems outside of SLES, mainly
[1] http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/systemsmanagement:/spacewalk:/1.8/SLE_11_SP2/
[2] http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/tools:/scm/SLE_11_SP2/

When refreshen repo [1], zipper will complain about the missing signature, even though it's there plain as day - repodata.xml.key and repodata.xml.asc
However, repo [2] is fine and dandy to it!

I'm really at a loss here. Is there something i'm missing, like adding signatures to the clients of some sorts? I've been living with this since 1.7, hoping that maybe it was a bug, and 1.8 would fix it, but no go, and I see that since I've asked Miroslav Suchy (I think) to build spacewalk-client-tools for SLE11, some people around here started using it. So maybe around now someone would have seen this and has a fix :)

Thanks in advance,
Piotr Maksymiuk