[Spacewalk-list] Channels, activation keys and OS upgrade

John Doe hrod.gar at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 20 15:41:39 UTC 2013

Hi all. First I'm a newbie in a hurry, so you will excuse me.

I installed Spacewalk 1.9 on a CentOS 6. I want to update all my CentoOS 6, so I created a channel cento6_6.3_x64 with its activation key. Just when I created the channel and liked to test it, upgrade to version 6.4 has been released.

So, I'm here to ask if I understood correctly what to do:
Create a CentOS 6.3 channel with only Centos_updates repositoryCreate a CentOS 6.4 channel with complete Centos repository (base, updates, ecc)Create an activation key with "Base Channels" set to "Spacewalk Default" and "Universal Default" check-box selectedRegister clients
Hoping everything written above is correct, my doubts are:a) Do I have to delete or move *.repo files in all clients or the registration is enough to tell clients to go and update towards spacewalk server?b) Client with version 6.3 will upgrade with the latest packages in channel 6.3, so upgrading to version 6.4 and the next upgrades will be taken from channel 6.4?
Any explanation will be greatly accepted. Manuals I found aren't so clear to me.