[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-postgresql-1.8.6-1.el5.noarch.rpm requires postgresql84-contrib

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Wed Mar 20 19:24:54 UTC 2013

Paul Robert,

I'm curious about how things stand regarding the wiki you were going to write up about replication/failover/gluster.  How have things gone for you since November with this?

I'm running spacewalk 1.7 on postgresql 8.4.   I'm wanting to upgrade to postgresql 9.2 and spacewalk 1.9.   I'd like to see about setting up some kind of replication / failover capability in the end.

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any suggestions about what I should upgrade first?   I see that there are at least 2 paths for upgrading postgresql since there's now the option of using the pg_upgrade tool to avoid the backup/reload method.   Is there anyone who has successfully migrated the spacewalk DB using pg_upgrade who would be willing to talk about any issues related to that?

And I see that the manual setup instructions on the wiki only provide instructions for pgsql 8.4.   What version does the spacewalk-setup-embedded-postgresql package install?  Does it give you a choice? How does it work? It would be nice to have a bit more elaboration on this in the wiki.

Robert Boyd
Sr System Engineer | Peoplefluent
p. 919-645-2972 | c. 919-306-4681

e. Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com