[Spacewalk-list] Running Spacewalk on RHEL 5 / CentOS 5

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 14:57:14 UTC 2013

Hi folks,
today we provide Spacewalk releases on EL5, EL6, and current Fedora
versions. Due to the increasing differences of EL5 vs. the newest OSes,
we are seriously considering not releasing Spacewalk on EL5 anymore,
since it hinders our ability to do some other forward-looking changes we
would like to do.

If we make the current Spacewalk 1.9 the last release on EL5, will
Spacewalk users find it hard to migrate to EL6?

Feedback is appreciated and will be taken into consideration for how
quickly we make this change.

Thank you & regards,
Cliff

--