[Spacewalk-list] Cloning/syncing errata between channels

Frank Mikkelsen Blohmé frank.mikkelsen.blohme at axis.com
Tue Mar 26 14:06:52 UTC 2013

Hi Franky!
I’d be grateful if you could add that feature. Thank you very much.

Regarding my setup, I have been trying to determine on my own what would be the best channel setup for my needs.
If anyone has a better layout/setup/examples/recommendations, I’d gladly have a look at it.

I have assumed that a host can only access channels that are children of the parent that the host is subscribed to, is that assumption wrong?
I have also assumed that a host can only subscribe to one base channel aka the parent channel according to the assumption above. Wrong thinking?

Regarding the split of channels based on purpose, that’s another assumption I have made since Red Hat Network has this channel layout, that the packages differ between the client/workstation/server/etc releases and that it would be wisest to mimic their setup.

Maybe I have been “assuming” a little too much?

Best regards

Frank Mikkelsen Blohmé
Axis Communications AB