[Spacewalk-list] Cloning/syncing errata between channels

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Mar 26 15:04:56 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-26 14:48, Paul Robert Marino wrote:

> Franky
>
> There
is one thing I don't get about your script. You always mention syncing
EPEL errata but repo sync syncs EPELs erratas just fine for me so I'm
confused what does your script do differently?
> What's the added value
in using your script for EPEL erratas?

 Hi,

it's that in the
organization I currently work, the spacewalk server has no access to the
internet, not even via a proxy. We use a mrepo server for mirroring
things, but unfortunately that doesn't mirror the updatexml files.
Besides that, there's no reason :-)
The easiest would be to revisit
that strategy, but you know how things go in big companies ...

Franky