[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk certificate

Benedetto Vassallo benedetto.vassallo at unipa.it
Thu May 9 21:47:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I want to use a real (not self-signed) ssl certificate for my
spacewalk server.

I have 3 .pem files (private key, certification chain and the
certificate itself).

If I configure the apache ssl config file (/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf)
to use that files, I can browse into my spacewalk server without the
browser tell me the certificate is not valid.

What I want to ask is:

1) Is it possible to use the same certificate inside spacewalk (e.g.
osad)? If yes, how I can generate a certificate like
RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSl-CERT starting from my .pem files?

2) If is not possible, is it safe to use my certificate in apache
ssl.conf and the original RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSl-CERT inside spacewalk or
I can broken something with this?

Regards.
--
Benedetto Vassallo