[Spacewalk-list] Duplicate packages in Channel causing Centos 5.9 kickstart to fail

Reed, Steven Steven.Reed at transport.nsw.gov.au
Fri May 10 00:12:06 UTC 2013

Solved this one.  After blowing away all packages in the channel / repodata and doing a resync/rebuild on the channel and child channels it would bomb out with error "he CentOS installation tree in that directory does not seem to match your boot media"

I downloaded the 5.9 cd1 and copied everything except the rpms to kickstart tree as per usual but it would still bomb out with the above error even though it ws sync to 5.9

I replaced the stage2.img with the img file from 5.8 cd/iso and off it went.  Afterwards I was left with a clean centos 5.9 kickstarted install registered to spacewalk.

Note that previouslythe channel was using base packages from 5.8 after reposync it was using 5.9.

This doesn't address the original problem but it provided a solution.  Hopefully it helps someone else.

Regards,

Steve